Preliminary Draft Agenda
WWALS Quarterly Board Meeting
2:30-4PM, Sunday, 8 July 2018
Wooden Nickel, 3269 Inner Perimeter Rd, Valdosta, GA 31602
Following the WWALS Annual Member Meeting
Dial-in Number: (641) 715-3580
Meeting ID: 855-676
Election of officers, Annual Financial Report, Budget, Alapaha Quest, festivals, projects and programs, water trails, water quality monitoring, pipelines, phosphate mines, and more.
Invited to attend: WWALS members, especially committee members, and the general public.
All WWALS Board Members are expected to attend in person or by telephone.
The more done on the board list, the less time we’ll have to spend on them in this meeting.
Board Members (will change at the immediately preceding WWALS Annual Member Meeting):
- John S. Quarterman (President, Chair PR, Testing, Trails, and Watershed Issues Committees, and Suwannee Riverkeeper®)*,
- Gretchen Quarterman (Treasurer, Chair Membership and Grant-Writing Committees, and Acting Executive Director)*,
- Dave Hetzel (VP Ambassador and Secretary)*,
- Bret Wagenhorst,
- Phil Hubbard (Chair Outings Committee),
- Tom Potter (Chair Science Committee).
- Shirley Kokidko
- Eileen Box (Chair Events and Songwriting Committees)
- Call to Order including welcoming guests and explaining how this meeting is conducted (anyone can speak; only board members vote; try to stick to the topic at hand).
- Election of Officers
- Nominating Committee Report on Officers
- Further Nominations
- Vote on Officers
- Agenda Review: Additions and Changes
- Approve Minutes
- Next Meetings:
- 2PM Sunday, 14 August 2018 WWALS Quarterly Board meeting at Wooden Nickel Valdosta? Set day of week, date, time, and place.
- See also Outings Committee and Events Committee.
- Annual Financial Report
- Presentation and approval of FY 2018-2019 Budget
- Update on Paypal account change – nothing new still not successful in name change.
- See Financial Update Report
- Could use more board members, officers, and chairs. See President Report.
- It’s time to create the Advisory Committee.
- Suwannee Riverkeeper (advocacy); see Report.
- Acting ED (business)
- Fundraising: Need sponsors and attendees for three major fundraiser events, and multiple fundraising projects
- WWALS should reprint ARWT Brochure, with updates and fixes.
- Withlacoochee and Little River Water Trail Brochure: we have money to print one ($500 from Valdosta-Lowndes Tourism, and we can make up the difference).
- Committee items for discussion or vote are in agenda; see appended reports for details.
- Creation of Advisory Committee
- Report of Nominating Committee on Advisory Committee
- Vote on Advisory Committee
- Membership Committee: Chair Gretchen Quarterman; see Report
- Measurable goals, new members.
- Grant-writing Committee: Chair Gretchen Quarterman; see Report
- Seven Rivers kiosk grant proposal
- Georgia 319 Grant
- Events Committee: Chair Eileen Box; see Report
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival, Mathis Auditorium, Valdosta, GA, May 31, 2018.
- SoSMP: effectiveness of festivals, Suwannee River Roots Revival, Hulaween, Suwannee Spring Reunion, and Wanee
- Songwriting Contest Committee: Chair Eileen Box; see Report
- First Annual Suwannee Riverkeeper Songwriting Contest
- Outings Committee: Chair Phil Hubbard; see Report.
- Public Relations Committee: Chair John S. Quarterman; see Report.
- Newsletter (previously under Membership): please add to it before end of month.
- Could use more people doing PR.
- Watershed Issues Committee: Chair John S. Quarterman. See Issues Report.
- Testing Committee: Chair John S. Quarterman; See Testing Committee Report.
- Science Committee: Chair Tom Potter See Science Committee Report.
- Trails Committee: Chair John S. Quarterman; see Report
- How busy everybody is
- Executive Session to discuss potential or pending litigation.
- Reconvene from Executive Session and vote on any resulting items.
-jsq, John S. Quarterman, Suwannee RIVERKEEPER®
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!