First, several people spoke against the compressor station, including:
- Dave Shields (WWALS member), who moved to Suwannee County with his family to run an organic farm, only to discover a compressor station planned for upwind,
- Joe Peurrung, President and Owner, Security Safe, who hinted his $3 million company might have to move elsewhere,
- Forrest Cothron, Bell, FL, who talked authoritatively about the fragile karst limestone underfoot,
- Johanna deGraffenreid, Gulf Restoration Network, about the EPA letter and other matters, such as “You can zone your county.”. (Despite Attorney Prevatt’s response that “we do not have such a critter”, actually they do, in their comprehensive plan and LDR section about sensitive environmental areas, to which they could easily add pipelines.)
- Dana Stevens (WWALS Member), the closest resident to the compressor station: they want to run through his property and his wife’s grandmother’s ashes.
- Debra Johnson (WWALS member) about the safety violations of Spectra Energy.
A bunch more afterwards, starting with Lori McCraney (WWALS member) about SRWMD to FERC.
Much more about WWALS v. Sabal Trail on the WWALS website.
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!