The public is invited. Facebook event. -jsq
WWALS Board Members: John S. Quarterman (President), Garry Gentry (Secretary), Gretchen Quarterman (Treasurer), Dave Hetzel (VP for Membership and Ambassador), Bret Wagenhorst (Outings Committee Chair), Karen A. Rawlins (Events Commitee Chair), Chris Graham (Alapaha River Water Trail Committee Chair), Al Browning, Chris Mericle
- Call to Order
- Goals for 2015. Executive Committee 11 March 2015 recommended the following goals for consideration by the Board. They are the same as for 2014 minus the one about 501(c)(3) and insurance, and plus the ones marked +. Also marked: initials of who previously said they would help lead these goals, and relevant committees.
- Participate in Rivers Alive clean up: BW,AB,DH, Outings Committee
- Outreach to schools to teach students about watershed health and science: AB,DH,GG,CM,DM ARWT Committee
- Do invasive species monitoring and water quality monitoring on all WWALS outings: KR,CG,AB,CM,DM
- Water quality certification for as many people & members as possible & partner with Adopt-a-Stream: AB,DH,CG,DM,CM,jsq
- Map encroachment, water quality, invasive species, pesticide run off and share info (overarching goal): DH,JQ,AB,KR,CG,CM,DM ARWT Committee
- Get WWALS involved in watershed mapping of floodplains by Army Corps of Engineers in our watershed areas: JQ,CG,CM ARWT Committee, Pipeline Committee
- Waycross superfund site mess how relates to WWALS watersheds: JQ,CG Pipeline Committee
- Oppose the Sabal Trail methane pipeline: JQ,AH,CG,CM Pipeline Committee
- +Alapaha River Water Trail: ARWT Committee
- +Raise funds to hire an Executive Director: full Board
- +Valdosta Wastewater: Pipeline Committee
- +Raise awareness about corporate agricultural land acquisitions and practices as they affect WWALS watersheds and the Floridan Aquifer: DH,CM,JQ,GQ Need a Committee?
- Allied Groups
- Membership Committee
- Pipeline Committee -jsq
- Alapaha Water Trail Committee, aka WWALS-ART. See http://wwals.com/blog/maps/alapaha-water-trail/.
- Events Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Current WWALS Committee with members are listed on the WWALS website under About, then under Committees, http://wwals.com/blog/about/committees/
- For PR to list an outing or event, we need to know: date, time of day, where, directions to get there written for somebody who knows nothing about it, and who’s in charge of ensuring the event happens.
- Press releases and news items in WWALS web page: http://wwals.com/blog/about/news/
- Outings Committee
- 14 March 2014: Easy Outing on the Alapaha River at GA 135 -Bret Wagenhorst
- 18 April 2015: Rowetown Church to GA 135 -Bret Wagenhorst
- 16 May 2015: Third Annual Big LITTLE RIVER Paddle Race -Bret Wagenhorst
Back-up: the following afternoon.
- 9AM 14 June 2015: Sasser landing to Jennings Bluff -Chris Mericle
4 mile paddle with a hike along the Dead River to the sink
30 minute shuttle
Back-up: 10AM at Allen landing (CR 143 Ramp) on the Withlacoochee to the Mericle residence.
- 8AM 11 July 2015: Lanier Park to CSX RR track on the public right way. -Chris Graham
15 mile paddle Statenville gauge needs to be 1.5′ or higher
30 minute shuttle
Back-up: 10AM at Banks Lake (river too high or too low, etc.)
- Review Action Item List: Please send reports to the board list before the meeting.
- Request for information from DNR –jsq Development laws and regulations related to water.
- Waycross about the Seven Out Superfund site –jsq
- Distribution of list of sites on EPA/EPD lists for counties in our watershed –jsq
- Flooding study by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). –jsq
- How busy everybody is
- Other Business